The Virtual High School offers a unique and flexible approach to earning high school credit using computer-based courses, correspondence, and experiential credit-based options. The program is approved by the School District of Monroe Board of Education and offers a four-year high school diploma. The program is based on the belief that all students have the right to the opportunity to earn a high school diploma, while recognizing that not all students are able to accomplish this in a traditional educational setting.
Why choose Independent Virtual School?
- Earn a High School Diploma: Customize your educational plans and earn a diploma using 21st century technology.
- Scheduling Flexibility: Our students can complete courses at their own pace and at times that best fit their daily schedules.
- Credit Recovery: Earn credits to get back on track for graduation within your own school district. Enrollment is not dependent upon traditional school calendars, so courses can be started at any time during the year.
- Home School: Students can enroll in the and transfer credits earned through home school study to our diploma program.
- Prior to credits being awarded, courses must be submitted for review and approval.
- Advanced/Remedial Courses: Choose courses that meet your academic needs and support your learning style.
- Learning Options: Credits can be earned through a variety of learning options, such as work study, service learning, on-line courses, and print-based classes.
Related Information: School District of Monroe Website